INDIANAPOLIS – Twenty-three Quincy University athletes recently received the Great Lakes Valley Conference Council of Presidents’ Academic Excellence Award.
The GLVC has identified a league-record 545 student-athletes to be honored. This year’s total marks the first time more than 500 honorees have been recognized since the award was first given in the spring of 2010.
The recipients of the Academic Excellence Award have exhausted their eligibility in the intercollegiate sport in which they participated and maintained at least a 3.5 grade point average throughout their academic career. To be eligible for the award, an athlete must have competed in the GLVC for a minimum of two years and completed 96 credit hours. An athlete can only earn the distinguished honor once.
Quincy honorees are as follows:
- Dayson Croes, Baseball
- Joe Roscetti, Baseball
- Sam Stephens, Baseball
- Silas Crisler, Men’s Basketball
- Ouekie Wright, Men’s Cross Country, Track & Field
- Athena Lesiotis, Women’s Cross Country, Track & Field
- Blake Huskey, Football
- Michael Klotz, Football
- Nathan Hoebing, Men’s Golf
- Collin Doiron, Men’s Golf
- Chloe Nott, Women’s Lacrosse
- Kyle Swanner, Men’s Soccer
- Felipe Teles Santana, Men’s Soccer
- Emilee Autry, Women’s Soccer
- Lauren Crane, Women’s Soccer
- Emma Vaughn, Women’s Soccer
- Emily LeBlanc, Women’s Soccer
- Mary Jane Maguire, Softball
- Diego Ravelo, Men’s Tennis
- Laila Leist-Alston, Women’s Tennis
- Alexia Ginter, Women’s Tennis
- Haley Milazzo, Women’s Tennis
- Morgan Blunt, Women’s Volleyball
Lesiotis, Nott and Ginter all finished with 4.0 grade point averages.
Miss Clipping Out Stories to Save for Later?
Click the Purchase Story button below to order a print of this story. We will print it for you on matte photo paper to keep forever.Purchase Story